Your Favourite shop: East and West ‘second to none’
Hundreds of baked delights always provide a thrill for customers.
“This shop in Butchers Row is 2nd to none. Graham is SO jolly and a FABULOUS baker. He has hundreds of different recipes and never stops thrilling his customers. His food is SO delicious. He personalises our giant loaves for our shoot. He takes huge trouble with where he sources his flours and ingredients.”
Lady Caroline Wrey, Tawstock.
We received a similar comment from Rachel Wrey: “For bread in Barnstaple, there is nowhere else I’d go. The shop is always full of the most delicious delights that I simply can’t resist.
I cannot imagine my Barnstaple trips without popping into Graham’s bakery.
His enthusiasm never fails to raise a smile and with the combination of completely delicious bread, Cornish pasties, chocolate logs and cakes in every form, I couldn’t recommend more highly.
East and West bakery and the fudge trip are always what we take friends visiting to sample.”
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
* Send your nominations to Your Favourite Shop, North Devon Gazette, Unit 3, Old Station Road, Barnstaple, EX32 8PB or email email@example.com
Just tell us why you use the shop and what makes it so special and each week we’ll feature one of your nominations in the newspaper.