Firefighters were called to a property in Kipling Terrace, Westward Ho! shortly after midnight today (Tuesday).
One fire appliance from Appledore and one from Bideford attended the scene and found a small fire involving a cooker in the kitchen of a second floor flat.
The fire was extinguished by fire crews using two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
North Devon Gazette Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.