Towns and villages across Devon are being told to batten down the hatches today as the Met Office has issued as yellow warning for thunderstorms.
The yellow weather warning covers the period from 12am today (June 28) until 10pm.
Residents are being told to prepare for potential flooding and disruption to travel.
A spokesperson for the Met Office said: â€œMany places are missing the worst, but scattered torrential thundery downpours may bring some impacts, such as flooded roads.â€
What to expect:
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
- There is a small chance of fast-flowing or deep floodwater
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
North Devon Gazette Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.