Top jazz musicians will play special one off Bideford gig
- Credit: Archant
Generations of highly-regarded jazz performers get together for special Jazz Dance at The Pollyfield Centre on Friday, July 4.
A Jazz Dance with very special guests will be held at The Pollyfield Centre in Bideford on Friday, July 4.
The Guy Fenton All Stars will be joined by talented young rising star Amy Roberts, together with her partner Richard Exall, who both play in the world-renowned Chris Barber Band.
Fellow All Stars member, one-time trombonist of the famous Ken Colyer band and nationally regarded musician Geoff Coles will complete the line up.
Amy, from Cornwall, was voted winner of the Rising Star Category in the British Jazz Awards in both 2009 and 2011. She got to know Guy after seeing him perform as a teenager and went on to join him to play on the well known summer Tarka Line Jazz Trains from Barnstaple station to Eggesford.
You may also want to watch:
It will be the first time he has seen her since her rise to prominence on the UK jazz scene.
The Pollyfield concert offers a rare opportunity to see talented jazz musicians from across the generations perform together in one place. It runs from 8-11.30pm and tickets are £10 at the door or call 01237 470443 for more information.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 10 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice