Timeless classic comes to Castle Hill
Open air performance of The Railway Children at Filleigh.
THE heart-warming and timeless classic The Railway Children will be staged in an open air show at Castle Hill, Filleigh, on Saturday (August 18).
The performance by Heartbreak Productions starts at 6pm and sees the gentle Edwardian lifestyle of Bobbie, Peter and Phyllis turned upside as they are mysteriously separated from their father relocated to Yorkshire.
As endless days stretch before them, the family set about establishing themselves and making friends in the village. The all-important railway runs like a life vein through the community and learning from the people in and around it, the children rediscover and piece their family back together as the story steams towards its heart-warming and iconic end.
This award-winning adaptation offers inspirational storytelling and uplifting music, guaranteeing to have the whole family, whatever their age, on their feet and cheering.
You may also want to watch:
The audience is invited to bring picnics, blankets and low back seating. The gardens open from 4pm and tickets information is available from The Plough Arts Centre on 01805 624624.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon