Join the Unravelling Wilburys in Torrington for music and humour
- Credit: Photograph by Nobby Clark
The Unravelling Wilburys bring a tongue-in-cheek top tribute show to The Plough Arts Centre in Torrington on Saturday, January 25.
The audience can expect a humour-packed homage to legendary group The Travelling Wilburys, made up of Roy Orbison, George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne of ELO.
Meet the 'original' Wilburys of Sticky Willy, Thumper, Blind Melon, Walter and Honky Tonk Wilbury.
Their show tells the story of how their songs were stolen (allegedly) by Messrs Orbison, Harrison, Dylan, Petty and Lynne at Nashville's Tootsies Bar and the hard road they had to tread to get them back.
With brilliant musicianship, tongue in cheek humour and rave reviews throughout the UK, the band play their songs in their familiar country-rock style whilst stealing a few choice numbers from the solo careers of those famous five icons.
You may also want to watch:
Songs include Handle With Care, End of the line, The Devil's Been Busy, Mr Tambourine Man, Pretty Woman, Mr Blue Sky and Here Comes the Sun, among many more.
For tickets call 01805 624624 or go to https://www.theploughartscentre.org.uk .
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate