Super Scots duo at Shammick Acoustic
- Credit: Archant
Join Sandy Brechin and Ewan Wilkinson in Combe Martin on Saturday (June 28).
GUEST artists at Combe Martin’s Shammick Acoustic this Saturday will be Sandy Brechin and Ewan Wilkinson, making a welcome return after a superb performance three years ago.
Sandy is already a respected name within the Scottish folk scene, being a veteran of Scottish bands Burach, Seelyhoo, and ceilidh band The Sensational Jimi Shandrix Experience.
Ewan’s guitar-playing and singing are particularly emotive, with beautiful heartfelt and tight performances.
The piano accordion in the hands of a master such as Sandy can be a very powerful and expressive instrument, which he proves in his skill accompanying Ewan’s fine singing, as on guitar Ewan accompanies Sandy’s playing when it comes to toe-tapping hornpipes and jigs.
You may also want to watch:
The concert takes place at the Pack O’ Cards pub in Combe Martin from at 8pm, and tickets are £7 at the door, or £6 in advance from the venue or Pets Pantry in the village, or go to www.wegottickets.com/ShammickAcoustic.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank