Successful feet forward for dance students
Students of Neat Feet Dance Academy are celebrating successes in Vocational Graded Exams (VGE) of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD).
VGE are designed for those who wish to become professional dancers and are therefore very challenging. Neat Feet students have also passed grade exams and been awarded the ISTD 2012 Award, for which they have to perform dances from two different genres.
The school is now preparing for its bi-annual musical show at the Queen’s Theatre on Saturday April 28 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
As usual Neat Feet presents more than just a dancing display. There is an original story, specially written by Neat Feet Principal Teresa Crossman. This year’s production is entitled ‘smallCorners’ and features a wide variety of music and dance styles, including Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue, the Rolf Harris classic Sun Arise, Shine by Take That and The Ascot Gavotte from My Fair Lady.
It’s a foot-tapping, smile-bringing, feel-good outing for the whole family and all profits will be donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity (reg. charity no. 235825). To date, Neat Feet has given more than �12,000 to this wonderful institution, which is a world leader in research and specialist treatment of children’s ailments.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from the Queen’s Theatre Box Office on 01271 32 42 42.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon