Simonsbath Festival countdown begins
Don’t miss packed programme in six week festival from May 5.
The countdown to the packed Simonsbath Festival has begun.
May Day celebrations on Bank Holiday Monday, May 5 will launch the six week festival period with traditional music and maypole dancing.
The festival programme includes the premiere of a film by Chris Chapman, a concert of sacred and operatic songs by vocal trio Alaudiae, a virtuoso violin performance by top British artist Tamsin Waley-Cohen, a 10-piece Cuban band and gypsy swing ensemble.
There is a drumming workshop, art exhibition, poetry evening, jazz concert and a talk by Lord Douglas Hurd. Plus larger than life actor and baritone opera singer Karl Daymond will be Lowering the Tone.
Full details are available at www.simonsbathfestival.co.uk
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions