Talented young pianist set to return to Bideford Music Club
- Credit: Archant
Syrian-British pianist Riyad Nicolas is returning to give a Bideford Music Club concert on Sunday, February 2.
The concert is at the Methodist Church Hall in the High Street at 3pm and will be Riyad's second visit.
He first came to play for the club after being selected as an artist at the Countess of Munster Musical Trust.
Since then he has won many international competitions and awards, including First Prize with a recording contract at the Francaix International Piano Competition in Paris.
He has already established himself as a leading figure of his generation on the international performing circuit and drawn the attention of such celebrated musicians as Daniel Barenboim, Vladimir Ashkenazy and Uchida Mitsuko.
You may also want to watch:
His last Bideford concert left his audience moved and awed by the intensity and power of his playing and the club is delighted to welcome him back.
The programme will include pieces by Chopin, Scriabin, Schumann and Paganini, and Beethoven's Op 27, No 1. Tickets are £13.50 on the door. Children and students are free. Doors open at 2.30pm.
- 1 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 2 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 3 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford