Pilton Green Man Day returns
- Credit: Archant
Join the Green Man and friends at Pilton on Saturday, July 18.
Pilton Green Man Day is back on Saturday with its usual mix of costumed characters, stalls, music and street entertainers.
It begins with a procession from Barnstaple Square at 10.45am as the Green Man and friends make their way to Pilton.
The street will be packed with stalls, music stages and refreshments, while nearby Rotary Gardens will have entertainers, food vendors, crafts and all the elements of a traditional fayre.
The colourful pageant telling the story of the Green Man will be staged outside Pilton House at 12noon and 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Last week we reported how organisers were keen to return the event to its community roots and tone down the music festival element.
Pilton Arts Group is also holding its annual exhibition at the Old School Room next to the church at the top of PIlton Street from 10am-4pm.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
There will be around 100 paintings on display and for sale, as well as artists at work.
For the full programme and information, go to www.piltonfestival.co.uk