Outdoors comedy with The Rude Mechanicals in Torrington
- Credit: Archant
The popular physical theatre troupe is back for another hilarious outing at the Vicarage Garden on Friday, July 11.
AN outdoor assignation with The Rude Mechanicals awaits at the Vicarage Garden in Torrington on Friday, July 11.
The Plough Arts Centre events sees the popular theatre company back in fine comedic, tumbling form as the cast presents The Wife, a hilarious take on Chaucer’s The Wife of Bath.
Original, funny and musical too, the Rudes draw on centuries of mime and comedy tradition together with plenty of modern innovation to present the poetic, fantastic and absurd to new audiences.
The Wife asks ‘what do women really want?’ as Alyson, a wife from Bath describes with hilarious outcomes the five men who have shared her marriage bed.
You may also want to watch:
She goes on to tell the tale of a young knight condemned to answer that ultimate question…
The outdoor show starts at 7pm and the audience is advised to bring low-backed seating, blankets and picnics, with drinks available. The show is suitable for all ages. If very wet the performance will be held indoors at The Plough. For tickets and information call 01805 624624 or visit www.theploughartscentre.org.uk
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal