Lynton & Barnstaple Railway introduces a new Coach 11 carriage at Spring Vintage Weekend on May 9-10, to be opened by the Earl of Arran. Coach 11, the fourth rebuilt original Lynton & Barnstaple Railway carriage, was delivered to Woody Bay Station on Tuesday. Sixteen carriages were specially built for the Railway by the Bristol Wagon & Carriage Works in 1897 ready for the opening of the line on 11 May 1898. After the L&B closed in 1935 sections of the carriages were sold off for use as summerhouses, garden sheds and farm buildings and a number survived around North Devon. Some of them have been recovered by members of the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Trust and rebuilt by volunteers in North Essex for service on the revived railway. Rebuilding Coach 11 has been entirely funded by the Coastal Communities Fund and gives the L&B a four-coach train of original carriages for the first time in 80 years. Coach 11 will be launched into service during the Spring Vintage Weekend on Saturday and Sunday, May 9-10 (10am - 5pm both days) which will be opened by the Earl of Arran of Castle Hill. As well as frequent trains on the main line the 7¼in miniature railway will be in operation. There will also be a variety of exhibits in a large marquee on the lawn and the well-known Woody Bay tea-rooms will be open throughout. Parking on-site is free although there will be a small admission charge for the actual event. Admission will be free, for owners of vintage and classic cars and motorbikes made before 1981.