North Devon Gig Guide 02/11/11 to 8/11/11
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2
● THE TAVERN, BARNSTAPLE: Karaoke, 9.30pm.
● COACH & HORSES, APPLEDORE: Folk jam.
● KELLY’S BAR, BARNSTAPLE: Disco/quiz.
● PORTOBELLO, BIDEFORD: Karaoke by demand.
● THE CHILL BAR @ONEFYFIVE, ILFRACOMBE: An intimate evening of music with well known local singer songwriter and folk artist Chris Millington.
● QUIGLEY’S, BIDEFORD: Sod ’em & Sing Karaoke.
● PORTOBELLO INN, BIDEFORD: Open Mic.
● THE JOINERS ARMS, BID: Bid Folk Club. 8pm.
● ROYAL GEORGE, APPLEDORE: Acoustic, 8.30pm.
● COOK ISLAND, MULLACOTT, ILFRACOMBE: Open Mike Night with The Average Blues Band from 8pm.
● THE CHILL BAR @ONEFYFIVE, ILFRACOMBE: Plugged Open Mic with US The Band from 8.45pm.
● LILICO’S, BARNSTAPLE: Live fusion with a funky edge from iFunk. 9pm, free entry.
● KELLY’S BAR, BARNSTAPLE: Disco 8pm-late.
● THE CEDARS, BARNSTAPLE: Rock ‘n’ Roll Club, with DJ Midnight Shift, 7.30pm-late. 07899 701498.
● THE TIVERTON INN, SOUTH MOLTON: Open Mic Night with singer songwriter Sam Dowden. 8.30pm.
● CREALOCK ARMS, LITTLEHAM: Open Mic Night at the venue near Bideford from 8pm.
● THE PALLADIUM CLUB, BIDEFORD: Reggae, ska and lively carnival sound from Zamba, whose original take on covers is always worth listening to.
● PORTOBELLO INN, BIDEFORD: Karaoke.
● FIRST IN, LAST OUT, BIDEFORD: Karaoke.
● THE SEAGATE HOTEL, APPLEDORE: Ian Hudson & Friends get together for music.
● THE ROYAL GEORGE, APPLEDORE: Firewater with Fireworks. A lively night of Irish and bluegrass music plus a display too. 9pm.
● APPLEDORE SOCIAL CLUB: 1950s Rock ‘n’ Roll from 8pm until late, with DJs plus dance tuition. Info 07866 555760.
● PIG-ON-THE-HILL, WESTWARD HO: Join versatile and well-regarded energetic local rock band Ten Feet Tall, with plenty of classic rock covers from 9pm.
● KELLY’S BAR, BARNSTAPLE: Disco 8pm.
● THE CORK & BOTTLE, BARNSTAPLE: He’s back... Sod ‘em & Sing karaoke ready for more musical fun.
● OLIVE BRANCH, BARNSTAPLE: Unnamed Heroes from 9pm.
● WREY ARMS, BARNSTAPLE: Open Mic Night.
● THE RED BARN, WOOLACOMBE: Rude Tiger.
● THREE PIGEONS, BISHOPS TAWTON: First Friday Open Mic Night.
● CLINTON ARMS, FRITHELSTOCK: Introducing The Decibelles, a new group of four ladies singing a variety of tunes from the 1950s to the present day. 9pm.
● PLOUGH ARTS CENTRE, TORRINGTON: Presenting Glenn Tilbrook, one of the UK’s best-loved musicians, thanks to a career with Squeeze and on his own that has spanned 30 years, spawning Top-Ten hits all around the world such as Cool For Cats, Tempted and Up The Junction. Part of his extensive acoustic UK tour. The show will be recorded live and available at the end of the night. With support from his old friend US musician Steve Poltz. 8pm. Tickets from (01805) 624624.
● THE JOINERS ARMS, BIDEFORD: Intimate blues and folk style with the talented Jim Crawford, whose new album Roots and Originals is out now.
● PALLADIUM CLUB, BIDEFORD: Wendy May’s Boom Boom Room. More musical dance floor fun with DJ Wendy May and a few feets twitching tunes.
● THE ANCHOR INN, BIDEFORD: Planit X Karaoke.
● QUIGLEY’S, BIDEFORD: DJs at Fat Freddy’s.
● PORTOBELLO INN, BIDEFORD: With a celebration to mark Steve and Christine Pink’s first year at the Portobello, live music from the irrepressible Brock ‘a’ Billy and his Echoes of Elvis show from 9pm.
● FIRST IN, LAST OUT, BIDEFORD: Classic rock tunes from none other than Plamen - the Rock Fella, 9pm.
● THE CREALOCK ARMS, LITTLEHAM: Making their debut gig are the five-piece Plan A, featuring three former members of The James Gang. This new venture has a set that includes acoustic covers, material, from Bob Marley to Keane and The Cure. Plus don’t miss the four and five-part harmonies — something different with a few surprises too. 9pm.
● THE GOLDEN LION, NORTHAM: Hard-working local favourites Maybe Naked are in town tonight to let their hair down at the Lion, with a varied set from 9pm. Admission free.
● THE ROYAL GEORGE, APPLEDORE: Live acoustic music with various local musicians, from 8.30pm.
● SEAGATE HOTEL, APPLEDORE: Live music with Caya.
● CLOVELLY PARISH HALL: Bonfire Night special with Sod ‘em & Sing Karaoke from 8.30-11.30pm.
● CAVALIER INN, TORRINGTON: Ten Feet Tall, 9pm.
● KELLY’S BAR, BARNSTAPLE: Disco/karaoke.
● BOSTON TEA PARTY, BARNSTAPLE: Join a dozen local artists for an Oxjam gig in aid of Oxfam charity. Headlining the night is singer songwriter and accomplished folk performer Chloe Bix, plus Tony Finney, Steve Turner, Jenny Tandy and organiser Linda Mack, plus many more. It will be a real cabaret/cafe culture style evening, with music, comedy and a limerick competition. On the arts front there will be caricatures of local artists plus other arts to view or buy. The event is from 8-11.30pm and tickets are available from the Barnstaple Oxfam shop on (01271) 372450.
● CHICHESTER ARMS, PILTON: Sneaky Pete’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Club. First Saturday of the month event with DJ Cruise spinning all manner of 1950s rock ‘n’ roll sounds. 8-11.30pm.
● HEAVITREE ARMS, BID: Sod ’em & Sing Karaoke.
● THE JOINERS ARMS, BIDEFORD: Baz Bix & Friends, folks, blues & jamming from 3-6pm.
● CLINTON ARMS, FRITHELSTOCK: Acoustic jam.
● COACH & HORSES, APPLEDORE: Tony Finney plus guests with a mixed bag of live music from 4-6.30pm.
● WHITE LION, BRAUNTON: Amy Newton’s Open Mic. Join Amy for a night of jamming.
● THATCHED BARN, CROYDE: Open Mic Night, with regulars Ellis Beeton, Kate Kerslake, Glen Dawson Davey & Richard Newberry. 8.30pm start.
● YE OLDE GLOBE, BERRYNARBOR: Open Mic Night with The KnowleBerrys from 9pm. All musicians, singers and audience members welcome.
● INSTOW ARMS, INSTOW: Open Mic Night, 8pm. For info call Mike on 07792 343294.
● MARSHALL’S, BARNSTAPLE: Live music with The Blue Mile, sultry foot tapping blues tunes from 2pm.
● THE SEAGATE HOTEL, APPLEDORE: Acoustic jam with local favourite Ian Hudson.
● THE ROYAL HOTEL, APPLEDORE: Regular Monday Acoustic Night with Steve “Dambusker” Ruffe plus Tony Finney from 8.30-11pm.
● REFORM INN, PILTON: Open Mic from 9pm.
● CASTLE INN, LANDKEY: Open Mic.
● THE WREY ARMS, BARNSTAPLE: Open Mic Night.
● THE CYDER PRESSE, WEARE GIFFARD: Steve Ruffe’s acoustic night, 8.30pm.
● CARLTON HOTEL, ILFRACOMBE: Terry Charles.
● THE CHILL BAR @ONEFYFIVE, ILFRACOMBE: Acoustic Open Mic Night from 8.45pm.
● PALLADIUM CLUB, BIDEFORD: Weekly Open Mic Jam Night.
● THE OLD BARN INN, BICKINGTON: Live Dixieland and New Orleans jazz fun with the Barnstaple Jazz Society Orchestra plus guests from 7.30pm.