Master rock musician Joe Brown comes to Barnstaple
- Credit: Judy Totton
Multi award winner and ukulele maestro at the Queen’s Theatre on Saturday, May 24.
ORIGINAL rock guitar pioneer, ukulele maestro and legendary consummate musician Joe Brown brings his live show to the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple on Saturday.
Joe has performed as a rock and roll singer and guitarist for five decades and needs little introduction for many.
During his earlier career he was supported by a little known band from Liverpool, going on to become lifelong friends with one of them, a certain George Harrison.
So when Joe Brown plays live it really is something special. Electric guitar and acoustic, fiddle, mandolin, ukulele and even the odd bit of banjo come into play with an ease and accomplishment others simply aspire to.
You may also want to watch:
Recipient of a Mojo Award for music and an MBE, Joe has won many awards over his illustrious career and regularly plays festivals across the country.
Always busy, this spring sees him on the road again. His latest album The Ukulele Album met with serious acclaim and his live uke versions of classics such as Ace of Spades, Mr Blue Skies and Pinball Wizard are a sight to behold.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
His Queen’s Theatre show starts at 7.45pm and tickets are available from the box office on 01271 324242 or visit www.northdevontheatres.org.uk