Last of the Summer Wine rides again at The Plough Arts Centre
- Credit: Archant
Foggy, Clegg and Compo will ride again as brand new one-man stage show Last of the Summer Wine comes to the Plough Arts Centre in Great Torrington on Thursday, March 12.
Acclaimed impressionist Julian Dutton brings the classic sitcom to the live stage in a sparkling adaptation of Roy Clarke's world-famous comedy.
Julian will recreate the immortal adventures of ageing reprobates Foggy, Clegg and Compo, in three of their classic tales.
Last of the Summer Wine is officially the longest-running and one of the best-loved sitcoms in the world, still shown on UK Gold.
BAFTA-winning impressionist Julian Dutton - co-creator, writer and star of BBC1's The Big Impression, BBC 2's Pompidou with Matt Lucas, and Radio Academy Gold Award-winning series The Secret World - takes to the stage in an astonishing new recreation.
You may also want to watch:
He brings to life the sublime characters, the anarchic fun, and the wry wisdom of those three hilarious Yorkshire men who ramble the hills and meadows around Holmfirth and whose adventures lit up television screens every Sunday evening for more than 30 years.
Presented as a one-man impression show (in the same manner as James Hurn's acclaimed one-man version of Hancock's Half Hour) Julian Dutton's show will be the nearest thing to seeing this classic sitcom live again.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 8 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
Presenting three of their best-loved episodes - Isometrics & After, Whoops!, and the immortal Stop That Bath! - theatre audiences will delight at seeing their comedy favourites re-incarnated live onstage.
For tickets and information call 01805 624624 or visit www.theploughartscentre.org.uk.