Irish ensemble at the Plough
An energetic blend of contemporary and traditional music will be playing on May 18.
FAMED for their original compositions, an Irish music ensemble will be visiting Torrington next month on their UK tour.
L�nasa will be playing an energetic blend of contemporary and traditional music at The Plough on May 18.
The group, famed for their powerful, bass-driven rhythms, formed in 1996 and are embarking on their most UK extensive tour to date.
They have sold out tours of the UK, USA, Europe and Japan, earned the Coeur Miroir award at Quebec City summer festival in 2003, and named performers of the decade at Live Ireland awards, the LIVIES, in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Crawford, a member of L�nasa, said: “This tour will be our most extensive UK tour ever; we will be visiting all points of the compass but are especially looking forward to coming to Great Torrington.
“We’ve not played here before so are looking forward to making new friends on this visit.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
To book tickets for the concert, which begins at 8pm, call the box office on 01805 624624.