Irish ensemble at the Plough
An energetic blend of contemporary and traditional music will be playing on May 18.
FAMED for their original compositions, an Irish music ensemble will be visiting Torrington next month on their UK tour.
L�nasa will be playing an energetic blend of contemporary and traditional music at The Plough on May 18.
The group, famed for their powerful, bass-driven rhythms, formed in 1996 and are embarking on their most UK extensive tour to date.
They have sold out tours of the UK, USA, Europe and Japan, earned the Coeur Miroir award at Quebec City summer festival in 2003, and named performers of the decade at Live Ireland awards, the LIVIES, in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Crawford, a member of L�nasa, said: “This tour will be our most extensive UK tour ever; we will be visiting all points of the compass but are especially looking forward to coming to Great Torrington.
“We’ve not played here before so are looking forward to making new friends on this visit.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
To book tickets for the concert, which begins at 8pm, call the box office on 01805 624624.