Ilfracombe exhibition for international artist Darren Baker
- Credit: Archant
See the super-realistic realist’s work at Driftwood Contemporary gallery, St James Place
Internationally-acclaimed artists Darren Baker will be exhibiting at the Driftwood Contemporary gallery in Ilfracombe for the next two weeks.
The well known artist’s super-realistic works have won him global accolades, including the Royal seal of approval after his portrait of HM Queen in 2011.
He has close ties to Ilfracombe, having a second home in the town.
The exhibition opens on Saturday and will feature many original works in pastels, charcoal and oils.
You may also want to watch:
Darren has worked alongside and produced paintings for sports stars such as Lewis Hamilton, Steven Gerrard and Amir Khan, while his non-sporting portraits also include HRH Prince Charles, Tony Blair and Pope John Paul II.
His oil paintings and charcoals have attracted critical and popular acclaim; his work has been described as ‘thrilling’ and ‘virtuosic’ and is increasingly sought after by art collectors from the UK, Europe, the USA and Japan.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
He is known as one of the leading painters of the classical realism genre with influences from both the Dutch masters and the contemporary realist school.
* Visit driftwoodcontemporary.co.uk/ilfracombe to find out more