Georgian night of music at Parracombe
- Credit: West Gallery Quire
The West Gallery Quire will perform at St petrock’s Church on Saturday, July 25.
St Petrock’s Church in Parracombe will be the venue for an unforgettable evening of music as the acclaimed West Gallery Quire performs a one-off concert on Saturday, July 25.
In Georgian costume, the West Gallery Quire will perform a collection of 18th-century songs, psalms and readings inspired by the local area which have been gathered especially for the concert.
The atmospheric church is cared for by The Churches Conservation Trust and all proceeds will go to its work at Parracombe.
The performance starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £15 from 01598 763761, email firstname.lastname@example.org n from The Fox and Goose in Parracombe.
You may also want to watch:
* A traditional evensong and afternoon tea will also be held in St Petrock’s on Sunday, July 26 at 3pm. The evensong, taken by the Archdeacon of Barnstaple, will feature choir members from St Mary’s Church in Lynton. An afternoon tea of homemade cakes, scones and local ice cream will follow in the village hall.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon