Electric Swing Circus set for a good time in Appledore
- Credit: Summer Ameen
Infectious and explosive six-piece fusion band Electric Swing Circus will show Appledore why they’ve been a hit on four continents this Saturday (December 15).
The Birmingham based group will bring their brand of classy 20s swing with stomping live instruments to St Mary’s Hall from 7.30pm.
The ESC’s sound is an exciting combination of vintage samples, gypsy-jazz guitar, electric double bass, keys, live drums, dirty synths and electro beats.
Fronted by a powerful female double-act, with extensive variety of vocal styles, the ESC delivers a consistently dazzling show.
The band’s sound reverberates back through time, re-inventing the genre of electro-swing for a modern audience.
You may also want to watch:
The band formed in 2011 and have since toured four continents, playing major festivals and headline shows all over the world. They’ve released two genre defining albums on Ragtime Records: Electric Swing Circus and It Flew By.
Opening the night will be South Devon’s very own masters of reggae, ska and dub, The Datura Roots Collective.
Tickets are £10 in advance from www.freeoftigersevents.co.uk or £13 on the door.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon