Don’t miss Ilfracombe Art Trail this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There’s tonnes to see and do around the town this Saturday and Sunday
Ilfracombe Art Trail takes over the town this Saturday and Sunday as dozens of artists throw open their doors to meet the public.
Now in its second year, the festival has some 29 venues and more than 50 gallery-standard artists plus something for all ages to enjoy.
There will be free workshops (for adults and children), music and poetry. Among the venues is ‘The Space’ at Emmanuel Church on Wilder Road, which hosts eight artists.
Artists taking part at other venues include former teacher Paul Swailes, whose mixed media celebrates North Devon’s countryside and coast.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-foot mural of the ‘tree of life’ painted on the stair wall Robert Andrew’s home is another trail sight, among fruit trees and mythical creatures also scattered around. Robert uses a range of media from abstract to sculptures.
While Sophie Cobb’s dream-like work is often inspired by nature, folklore and a ‘fairy tale’ element.
Trails maps are available from the Tourist Information Centre at the Landmark, venues around the town or from http://artilfracombe.co.uk
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal