Dancing Feet Academy of Dance celebrates its 25th anniversary with four shows
- Credit: Archant
A quarter century of dance will be celebrated with four special shows this weekend at the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple.
Dancing Feet Academy of Dance is staging its bi-annual spectacular from Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12.
This year's show is named simply '25' after the academy's jubilee year and will be a true celebration of dance, musical theatre and song as more than 300 children and adults take to the stage.
Dancing Feet has even created a new mini-stand-alone-show called Rising Stars for its pre primary, primary and grade 1 students, which will be performed on the Saturday at 11am.
The main show is on Friday and Saturday at 7pm, together with a 2,30pm Saturday matinee.
You may also want to watch:
It is packed with numbers ranging from technical pointe pieces to a 'ganglands' jazz piece; a fun Mamma Mia-inspired musical theatre number to cheeky chimney sweeping tappers.
And there are a few special anniversary pieces to look out for - don't miss the show-stopping dynamic jazz piece or the high-energy vintage 1940s-style swing tap number.
Tickets are available from www.queenstheatre-barnstaple.com or call 01271 316523.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate