Dancing Feet Academy of Dance celebrates its 25th anniversary with four shows
- Credit: Archant
A quarter century of dance will be celebrated with four special shows this weekend at the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple.
Dancing Feet Academy of Dance is staging its bi-annual spectacular from Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12.
This year's show is named simply '25' after the academy's jubilee year and will be a true celebration of dance, musical theatre and song as more than 300 children and adults take to the stage.
Dancing Feet has even created a new mini-stand-alone-show called Rising Stars for its pre primary, primary and grade 1 students, which will be performed on the Saturday at 11am.
The main show is on Friday and Saturday at 7pm, together with a 2,30pm Saturday matinee.
You may also want to watch:
It is packed with numbers ranging from technical pointe pieces to a 'ganglands' jazz piece; a fun Mamma Mia-inspired musical theatre number to cheeky chimney sweeping tappers.
And there are a few special anniversary pieces to look out for - don't miss the show-stopping dynamic jazz piece or the high-energy vintage 1940s-style swing tap number.
Tickets are available from www.queenstheatre-barnstaple.com or call 01271 316523.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer