Classical concert down on the farm
Sights, sounds – and smells – combine for ‘pig sty’ proms.
TICKETS are still available for a quirky classical concert taking place at the BIG Sheep event near Bideford on Sunday.
People are being invited to join an audience of pigs, goats, llamas, chicks, sheep and lambs for the Proms in a Pigsty event at 7pm.
While the animals will still be in their pens, concertgoers can ensure a unique atmosphere as the barn is filled with the sounds of leading string ensemble The Sorrelli Strings.
The three sisters from Ilfracombe, accompanied by pianist Dom Carter, have previously performed live for Her Majesty the Queen but hope their animal and human audience will be just as appreciative.
You may also want to watch:
The trio will be playing selections from the classical repertoire, along with more modern numbers by artists such as Adele.
Guests will enjoy a glass of bubbly on arrival and can either bring their own picnic or buy a ready-made BIG Sheep picnic for �8.50 by ordering in advance.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
For tickets, priced �15, call the BIG Sheep box office on 01237 472366 or log on to www.thebigsheep.co.uk