Bodstone Boys are back in town for a Fremington gig
- Credit: Archant
Newly formed but long-acquainted folk duo the Bodstone Boys are playing at the New Inn, Fremington, on Friday, January 31.
Featuring guitar, melodeon, bodhran and percussion, the pair of well know North Devon musicians will be playing a range of traditional and contemporary music and songs, from rousing jigs, reels and lively songs to softer tunes and ballads.
Chris Pearce and Garry Thompson only began playing as the Bodstone Boys six months ago, but have known each other for years.
Garry said: "We had been playing for a long time in folk sessions but we thought we enjoyed each others' music and that it would be a good idea to team up together as a duo.
"It's folk fusion of traditional and contemporary, with our own stamp on it.
You may also want to watch:
"We have some our own material and we also re-arrange things and do them in our own way."
The New Inn gig this Friday starts at 8.30pm. You can keep up to date with the duo on the Bodstone Boys Facebook page.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses