Bideford Cinema Olympic event
Two days of films and fun at Victoria Park in Bideford to help raise money for Cancer Research UK and celebrate the Olympics.
CELEBRATE the Olympics and support Cancer Research UK with a special two day Bideford Cinema event at Victoria Park today (Friday) and Saturday.
Two Olympic themed films plus the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Games will be screened at a marquee in the park on both days.
From 3pm on Friday there will be music, a hog roast, activities for children and stalls, with a bar supplied by the Forge Brewery in Hartland from 6pm.
The film ‘Cool Runnings’ about the Jamaican bob sled team will be shown at 7pm, followed by the Olympic ceremony live at 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the 7pm film will be ‘Fast Girls’ about rivalry between two athletes, followed by a repeat showing of the Olympic ceremony.
The event is being organised by the Bideford Cancer Research UK shop and Bideford Film Society, supported by a grant from the Bideford Bridge Trust.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Tickets are �4 per person, with family tickets available. Entry for the community events is �2, with children under 10 free, if not staying for the films at 7pm.
For more information go to www.bidefordfilmsociety.org.uk.