Post punk fun with The Rills in Barnstaple tonight
- Credit: Lewis Budd
Four-piece post-punk band The Rills will be performing in Barnstaple tonight (Friday, July 19) as part of a night of music at The Golden Lion Tap.
The band is inspired the likes of The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys and Fontaines DC and the audience can expect thought-provoking lyrics on pop culture and catchy, high energy riffs.
The night will also feature young talent - Baileywillsxo, from Ilfracombe, Pa La from Barnstaple and Burnout, from Taunton.
Tour manager Lewis Budd, who is from North Devon, described The Rills as 'very loud and very fast'.
Lewis explained how he got involved with the group.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Their lead singer, Mitch, messaged me asking to get involved and from then on my connection with the band has developed into their first ever tour, which I am managing, based across the South West in Exeter, Barnstaple and Bristol.
"The idea of managing a band had never crossed my mind, until I realised that a career in the music industry would be more fulfilling to me than studying geography.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
"My passion for music was the inspiration for this crazy idea of travelling to a region renowned for having a small music scene. I wanted to prove to other bands that it can be done, and there is hope for local music in North Devon.
The night of music is at The Golden Lion Tap, starting at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £5 on the door, with live music from 8pm.