Young footballers need a new home
Having just completed their second season in the North Devon Youth League Fremington Youth FC now find themselves in the enviable, but frustrating, position of what to do next.
Following the success of an under 10s team in 2010, the local youth squad was approached by coaches and subsequently added two more age groups for younger players in the under 9s and under 8s categories, seeing their ranks swell from the original 13 players to 50. This has largely been possible due to an army of volunteer coaches, headed by George Tossell and Stuart Ware, and the support of the local community and of parents, enabling the club to go from strength to strength.
But now, with three teams shortly competing at different levels in the North Devon Youth League, they are faced with the situation that their ground at Beechfield Road in Fremington, which they share with two successful adult squads, just isn’t big enough.
In order that the club can maintain momentum and continue to grow by opening up more opportunities for the youth of Fremington it is making a plea for help from the local community.
If anyone has any space they feel would be suitable for several budding young Beckhams to show off their talents, the club would be delighted to hear from you.
You may also want to watch:
The enthusiastic boys, all under 12, require an area that they can train and play on so they can attain their goal of a league victory next season!
There is a commitment by the clubs’ supporters to maintain the space. Anyone who can can supply a grass surface is asked to contact George on 07974793643, Stuart 07855752394 or Graham 07760763078 to meet and investigate any prospects that may be available.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington