Witheridge close the gap in Peninsula League
- Credit: Archant
This week’s SWPL news
WITHERIDGE are up to third in the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League premier division after a 2-0 win at Tavistock on Saturday.
David Rowe put Withy in front from 18 yards before Jordan Charran smashed hmoe to double their lead in the second half.
The routine win for the visitors sees them close in on Ivybridge and Exmouth above them, ahead of a trip to Elburton Villa on Saturday.
Appledore suffered a fourth straight defeat in division one east as they were beaten 3-1 by league leaders Galmpton United on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
After a positive start to the season, the Fishermen have now slipped to 11th in the table, and entertain Alphington on Saturday.
Holsworthy stunned Truro City, beating them 4-2 in division one west.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
The Magpies have been in great form since the turn of the year, picking up a number of key victories to claw their way clear of danger.
They are now 12th, and head to Callington Town on Saturday.