West Buckland netball player tipped as a future Superleague star
- Credit: Archant
Christina Brend invited to join Team Bath Futures development squad
West Buckland School pupil Christina Brend has been invited to join the U17 Team Bath Netball Development squad, Team Bath Futures.
The aim of the Futures squad is to develop players for the national Netball Performance League (NPL) and ultimately Superleague players.
The NPL offers netball players under the age of 19 the opportunity to hone and develop their talents in a competitive environment, with the Superleague combining the finest netball players in the UK along with international stars.
Her school said the selection ‘represents an amazing opportunity’ for the year 11 pupil, with Team Bath coaches having a proven track record of developing some of the country’s top netball players.
You may also want to watch:
Christina will be training with the squad at the University of Bath with a number of fixtures scheduled from March to June.
In addition to being an extremely promising netball player, Christina has shown that she has several other strings to her sporting bow, representing Devon in the 300m at the England Schools’ Athletics Championships last summer.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody