Tough 2022 start for 14-man Torrington against high-flying Sarries
- Credit: Torrington RFC
Torrington lost 55-0 at home to Devon One promotion chasers Exeter Saracens.
Torrie ran out of front-row replacements in the first half, which meant playing a man short for the next 50 minutes.
Zerran Bell, the Torrington coach, said he could not have asked much more from his side against superior opposition.
“I was so proud of the shift the boys put in, but with fitness and fatigue kicking in, Saracens ran in four tries at the end to make the scoreline unrepresentative of the progress the team has made in the last few weeks,” said Bell.
Torrington have no game this Saturday afternoon.
Elsewhere in the Devon One league, Exeter Athletic won 48-5 at Buckfastleigh Ramblers, Salcombe just pipped Old Plymouthian & Mannamedian 19-17 and Dartmouth defeated Totnes 7-0.
A final note of Torrie thanks to local plumber Wayne Rowtcliff for fixing a water leak at short notice to ensure the 2022 schedule could start on time.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 3 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 8 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 9 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions