Torrington Museum shows off world cup
- Credit: Archant
Angling Heritage is ‘delighted’ to have received the World Club Championship Trophy that was won by the Essex team in 1982.
It’s the only time the trophy has been won by a UK team, and it is now proudly displayed at Torrington Museum.
The Essex Club was wound up some time ago and the trophy seemed destined to return to Browning in Germany, but the members wanted to see the trophy kept in the UK and be on display for all to see – a goal shared with the Trustees of Angling Heritage.
Angling Heritage, founded in 2009, has been actively preserving angling history, which can be browsed on the website: www.anglingheritage.org
There are more than 200 videos, 200 audio tracks and even more photographs together with documents and articles available for all to view on the cloud-based website.
You may also want to watch:
And along the way, several precious items of angling history have been donated, such as this trophy, and to display these artefacts Angling Heritage has forged a long-term link with Torrington Museum.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer