Torridge claim fourth place in Rock
- Credit: Archant
Torridge Pilot Gig Club had another great day’s racing at Rock on Saturday.
With 27 boats entered from across Devon and Cornwall, the club finished a very respectable fourth overall.
The veterans got Torridge off to a good start, with a seventh-placed finish for the ladies, and fourth for the men.
The ladies’ B crew came home sixth, with the men in eighth.
The under 16s crew of Jessica Halloway, Joanna Sankey, Rachael Quy, Max Barker, Holly Barker, Rebecca Halloway and cox Tracey Cox put in a strong performance, mixing with the front-runners before finishing fourth.
You may also want to watch:
The A crew races followed, with the ladies going well to finish ninth.
The men’s crew of Thomas Trapnell, Colin R Eastman, Robert Mould, Rhys Hollis, Terry Bowden and Pete Vale then stormed to a fifth-placed finish, only losing out to four of the very best crews in the world.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
Torridge hosts its annual regatta on Saturday, July 25 in Appledore.