Torridge almost top at Looe
- Credit: Archant
The Torridge Pilot Gig Club has a great weekend at the Looe Regatta.
TORRIDGE Pilot Gig Club headed to Cornwall on Saturday for the Looe Regatta.
Nine clubs from across Devon and Cornwall took part with strong opposition from Caradon gig club and Looe, which who have both been ranked in the top 10 in both men’s and ladies at recent world championships.
The Torridge ladies vets made a great start pulling away from the pack with each stroke. Despite being chased by Rock, which obtained podium position at the world champs, Torridge ladies held them off to win with clear water behind.
For the remaining races the club continued to improve and beat crews from other clubs that had beaten them only a few weeks ago at the Scillies.
You may also want to watch:
Other results: Men’s vets 6th, C race 3rd; Men’s B 5th; Men’s A 5th; Ladies B 5th, Ladies A 4th; Mixed 4th.
The club finished a second overall, beaten only by Looe.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
The club runs social nights on Fridays from 6pm for anyone, adult and junior, who is keen to try gig rowing, meeting at the ferry slipway opposite Johns supermarket or email email@example.com