Tolchards C Division East and D Division East: Barnstaple and Pilton win, but Braunton suffer defeat
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Barnstaple and Pilton got back on track with a win, but Braunton skipper Dan Brierley is looking to ring the changes after another defeat
Braunton skipper Dan Brierley is threatening changes in the wake of a third defeat in four starts that has left his side one off the bottom of the C Division East.
The latest setback was a 165-run thrashing at Feniton, who racked up 289 for five with Alex Frankpitt belting 96 not out.
Braunton’s bowlers were smashed round by Kilmington seven days earlier and the stats weren’t much better against Feniton. Dan Brierley (1-40) and Mick Cashmore (0-40) had the cheapest nine-over spells.
Braunton were all out for 124 with eight overs to go – no one matching opener Rob Paterson (61) for runs. Next best was Nigel Cross (16).
You may also want to watch:
Wickets were shared round with three each for Matt Davies (3-23) and Pyle (3-21) and two for Andy Rose.
Braunton go to Alphington this Saturday hoping to pick-up a win that might take them out of the bottom two.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 7 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 8 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Skipper Brierely said after three defeats in four starts, changes are necessary.
“We are going with a new batting line-up next week to try and give us some more impetus up the order,” he said.
“We are trying to bring some youth through as well.
“Need to be more ruthless throughout our batting and put in more effort.”
Barnstaple & Pilton made up for lost time with a 56-run win over Halberton & Sampford Peverell that took them up to second in the D Division East.
B&P had been top of the table until the previous Saturday when they were rained off on a day when all around them played.
Andy Barton scored 22 of the first 25 in B&P’s book, then got out to Josh Kallaway (3-36).
George McEndoo (91) and Jack Moore (76) put on 160 for the second wicket then Brady Saunders hit 25 in a hurry towards a final total of 237 for four.
Halberton were holed below the waterline early on by James Lake (3-25), who had help from Steve Moore (2-10) and Jason Smith.
Richie Durrant arrived at 19 for four and batted on and on and on for 137. No one after him made more than nine.
Lee Cole (2-19) accounted for some tail-enders, leaving Steve Moore to claim Durrant with the last ball of the game.
“It looked like we were going to bowl them out for under a hundred at one stage, but near the end it was getting a bit tense,” said skipper Steve Moore.
“All credit to Richie – it was a really good innings.”
Barnstaple & Pilton are at home to second-bottom Axminster this Saturday.