Hockey: Taw Valley Ladies defeated at Firebrands
- Credit: Archant
Taw Valley Ladies fell to a 3-1 defeat at Bristol side Firebrands in the Central Division of the Women’s West Hockey League on Saturday.
The visitors were quickly down to 10 due to an early injury, but Emily Horn and Bridget Smith did well to hold off the attack in the difficult circumstances.
Firebrands struck just before half time to take a lead into the break.
Taw remained composed in the second half as Firebrands converted twice more to go into a 3-0 lead. Sisters Ella and Hatty Rousseau helped Taw build momentum with some good attacking play up the wings to put pressure on the home side.
Their efforts paid off and Taw were eventually. A spell of short corners led to Jenna Stimpson's strong strike into the bottom corner, putting Taw on the score sheet.
You may also want to watch:
Taw hope to return to winning ways this Saturday when they face Somerset Gryphons at Park School, with push back at 11.30.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 5 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash