Taw Valley make it two wins out of two with win over Bridgwater
- Credit: Archant
Taw Valley made it two wins out of two in the West Clubs Women’s Hockey League Central division with a 4-0 win over Bridgwater on Saturday.
After a strong start and some strong passing, it was Vicky Cowley who gave Taw Valley the lead, converting a one-on-one by dummying the keeper.
The second came from some fantastic individual play from helen Thomas, who ran the ball from the defending half through to the attacking D, where Jess Ravenhill-White was ready to beat the keeper.
Helen Thomas added a third with a strong shot from the edge of the D.
Bridgwater put some pressure on the Taw Valley goal in the second half, enjoying some short corners and a few breaks, but Bridget Smith in goal and Emily Horn and Rhona Smith were able to clear things up.
You may also want to watch:
Taw rounded off the win with a fourth goal which saw Sarah Thomas sneak the ball past the post and into the bottom corner.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer