Taw Valley make it two wins out of two with win over Bridgwater
- Credit: Archant
Taw Valley made it two wins out of two in the West Clubs Women’s Hockey League Central division with a 4-0 win over Bridgwater on Saturday.
After a strong start and some strong passing, it was Vicky Cowley who gave Taw Valley the lead, converting a one-on-one by dummying the keeper.
The second came from some fantastic individual play from helen Thomas, who ran the ball from the defending half through to the attacking D, where Jess Ravenhill-White was ready to beat the keeper.
Helen Thomas added a third with a strong shot from the edge of the D.
Bridgwater put some pressure on the Taw Valley goal in the second half, enjoying some short corners and a few breaks, but Bridget Smith in goal and Emily Horn and Rhona Smith were able to clear things up.
You may also want to watch:
Taw rounded off the win with a fourth goal which saw Sarah Thomas sneak the ball past the post and into the bottom corner.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park