Success for West Buckland at schools’ tennis tournament
- Credit: Archant
Prep school squad win year three and four competition
WEST Buckland Prep School pupils displayed their promising tennis talent with some impressive performances at the North Devon Schools’ Tennis Tournament.
The competition, held at Tarka Tennis centre in Barnstaple, is aimed at pupils in Years three to six and attracted players from schools across North Devon.
In the Years three and four age group, West Buckland showed the strength and depth of its young squad as both A and B teams met in the first semi-final.
The West Buckland A team of Toby Watts, Eddy Pope, Mimi Heath and Ellie Prickett won 4-0 and went on to meet Pilton Bluecoats in the final, which they won to emerge as overall winners.
You may also want to watch:
They will now go on to compete in the Devon county finals later this month.
The West Buckland B team beat Woolacombe Primary School 4-0 in the third place play off.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 9 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 10 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
Year six pupils James Wilson and Jack Prickett played some good tennis against tough opposition to progress as far as the quarter finals in their age group.