Sporting and Ilfracombe make cup semi-finals as weather once again hits North Devon Gazette Football League
- Credit: Archant
Bad weather once again left the fixtures list in the North Devon Gazette Football League looking somewhat depleted at the weekend - but the quarter-final stage of the Arlington Cup was finally completed.
Sporting Barum were particularly impressive, beating fellow Intermediate One side Morwenstow Reserves 8-0 to reach the last four.
Damian Green came off the bench to score a hat-trick, while there were two each for Stuart Cameron and Matthew Deakin.
Marcus Mahoney also netted to set up a semi-final clash with Ilfracombe Reserves.
‘Combe booked their place in the last four by beating Clovelly by a goal to nil on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
In the other semi-final, last year’s finalists Braunton Thirds will host Haxton Rangers.
League action was restricted to just two matches on Saturday - one in the Premier Division and one in the Senior.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
But both games were full of action as Shebbear registered a first win of the season.
They overcame Fremington 5-2 to climb away from Appledore Reserves at the bottom of the Premier Division table.
And Shamwickshire Rovers pulled off a high-scoring and impressive win of their own in the Senior Division.
They beat Combe Martin 7-4 to jump up to 12th place.
Weather permitting, there’s a full list of fixtures for this weekend.