South Molton still waiting for first win after defeat to Torquay Athletic
- Credit: Archant
South Molton’s wait for a win in the Cornwall and Devon Division continues after they were beaten 20-13 at home by new leaders Torquay Athletic.
The Tics were relieved to return home with a win as Molton gave them a real scare.
Reece Eury, the South Molton captain, said if his side keep playing the way they did against Torquay a first win is not far away.
"We just need to find an extra one or two per cent when we get close to the try line to start turning our chances into points," said Eury.
"A win was there for the taking against Torquay and one is going to come soon.
You may also want to watch:
"There have been a lot of changes to the side since last season and every game sees the team gelling together a bit more."
Jamie Tapp crossed in the first half for a try. Ben Smart kicked the conversion and a penalty either side of half time for Molton, who were only 12-10 down at the break.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
Molton are away to deposed leaders Truro this Saturday.