South Molton beat Tavistock to register first win of the season
- Credit: Archant
South Molton won for the first time this season in the Cornwall and Devon Division when Tavistock were defeated 17-15 at Unicorn Park.
The game was in the balance right to the end and Molton were relieved to hear the final whistle for more than one reason.
Referee Lucy Smith shared six yellow cards between the teams in a game that seldom hit any heights.
"Considering it was our first win of the season, we felt rather flat afterwards,' said Molton skipper Reece Eury.
"Afterwards, it did not feel as if we had actually won.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a game between two sides who did not play that well in a match that never really flowed."
Chris Parker stepped his marker on the left to score Molton's first try. Impact sub Dan Smith came off the bench and barged over for a second. Both tries were converted by Ben Smart, who also kicked a penalty.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Molton are away to Topsham this Saturday.