South Molton beat Tavistock to register first win of the season
- Credit: Archant
South Molton won for the first time this season in the Cornwall and Devon Division when Tavistock were defeated 17-15 at Unicorn Park.
The game was in the balance right to the end and Molton were relieved to hear the final whistle for more than one reason.
Referee Lucy Smith shared six yellow cards between the teams in a game that seldom hit any heights.
"Considering it was our first win of the season, we felt rather flat afterwards,' said Molton skipper Reece Eury.
"Afterwards, it did not feel as if we had actually won.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a game between two sides who did not play that well in a match that never really flowed."
Chris Parker stepped his marker on the left to score Molton's first try. Impact sub Dan Smith came off the bench and barged over for a second. Both tries were converted by Ben Smart, who also kicked a penalty.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
Molton are away to Topsham this Saturday.