Makeshift South Molton get bonus point in defeat to Torquay
- Credit: Archant
South Molton wheeled out 50-year-old prop Craig Kingdon from retirement and he was among the try scorers in a 54-20 defeat at Torquay.
Skipper Reece Eury turned to Kingdon for help after being let down by a number of players who were unable to make the trip to the seaside.
"We are struggling to get a side out for games at the moment," said Eury, whose side is 27 points adrift at the foot of the Cornwall and Devon table.
"We had a scratch side and all our replacements let us down, either on Friday night or Saturday morning.
"When the commitment from players is poor, results will follow suit."
You may also want to watch:
Molton may have been well beaten by eight tries to four, but there was one area where they were definitely on top.
"Our defence with poor out wide, but we were the stronger pack," said Eury.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Molton were 21-7 down at half time with just Kingdon's try on the board.
Lock John Dallyn and Eury (2) added tries in the second half for Molton, who are at home to leaders Truro this Saturday.