Makeshift South Molton get bonus point in defeat to Torquay
- Credit: Archant
South Molton wheeled out 50-year-old prop Craig Kingdon from retirement and he was among the try scorers in a 54-20 defeat at Torquay.
Skipper Reece Eury turned to Kingdon for help after being let down by a number of players who were unable to make the trip to the seaside.
"We are struggling to get a side out for games at the moment," said Eury, whose side is 27 points adrift at the foot of the Cornwall and Devon table.
"We had a scratch side and all our replacements let us down, either on Friday night or Saturday morning.
"When the commitment from players is poor, results will follow suit."
You may also want to watch:
Molton may have been well beaten by eight tries to four, but there was one area where they were definitely on top.
"Our defence with poor out wide, but we were the stronger pack," said Eury.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
Molton were 21-7 down at half time with just Kingdon's try on the board.
Lock John Dallyn and Eury (2) added tries in the second half for Molton, who are at home to leaders Truro this Saturday.