South Molton beaten in South Devon
- Credit: South Molton RFC
South Molton slumped to a 43-17 defeat at New Cross where they paid the price for not sticking to the script.
The Kingsteignton side, gunning for a third straight win, shot into an early lead and topped it up at regular intervals on the way to a 22-10 interval lead.
Molton gave New Cross a tough time up front, but in the backs the home side had too much pace.
Neil Edwards, the team manager, said: “Unfortunately we didn't start as we wanted too, Head coach Scott Warren had a game plan which, unfortunately, was not replicated by the lads.
“A very disappointing result for Molton.”
You may also want to watch:
Matt Hurrell, Hugo Mitchell and Harry Dart were the South Molton try scorers. Jake Cook kicked a conversion.
Mouth olton 2nd XV were 31-0 up away to South Molton in Devon Merit Table Two when the game was abandoned due to an injury.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 3 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 4 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 5 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
A Tiverton player sustained a neck injury while participating in a ruck and as he felt stiffness almost immediately, no chances were taken with his safety.
An ambulance was called and the player taken for hospital, where a check over revealed nothing more than soft tissue damage.
A Tiverton spokesman said: “At the time it appeared to be in the player’s interest, but after an x-ray in accident and emergency it was decided he was fine.”
Merit Tables officials will have to decide whether or not the result will stand.