Second half goals galore

WOOLACOMBE continued on their high scoring ways with a 10-0 result away to Northam Lions Reserves.

All looked well for the Lions in the opening half as they defended well and created a couple of chances of their own. All that separated the teams at the break was a goal by Clem Benellick, latching on to an Andy Woodman cross to score his first goal for Woolacombe.

Once the breach was made Woolacombe ran in nine more after the break, helped by some telling substitutions, notably Dan Wright, who scored five times! Other goals came from Adam Baxter, Chay Isaac, Josh Phillips and Tom Hannah.

Torridgeside Reserves also had a second half bonanza, pulling back from 1-0 down at the break to win 6-1 at Clovelly. Jethro Kimber hit a hat-trick and the others came from Rory Payne (2) and Drew Sullivan.

Alex Slee scored three goals from the penalty spot as Hartland hit Torrington Reserves 6-0. Brother Danny Slee scored two more and Joe Deacon added the other.

You may also want to watch:

All the goals came in the second half in Braunton 3rds 3-2 win at High Bickington.

Matthew Tyrell put High Bick in front only for them to concede an own goal equaliser. Paul Rockey then marked his return to the Braunton squad after a lay-off and injury to put them 2-1 ahead. James Manning brought the sides level again before Rockey grabbed the winner with a late penalty.

Most Read

Unbeaten Barnstaple FC scored eight goals in their tough 6-4 win away to Northside Atlantic. There were four for Connor Nash, one each for Bobby Davidson and Stuart McKinnon and two own goals.

The own goals gave Northside an early 2-0 lead and they maintained the gap to change ends 4-2 ahead as Barnstaple found it difficult to break out against a strong wind. But after the break, with the wind at their backs, Barnstaple netted four times in the right net.

Anchor Chiefs suffered their first defeat in seven games with a 3-1 reverse away to Barnstaple AAC Reserves. Anchor were missing four of their regular players, but a spokesman said the result was more to do with the Ammies having the better will to win.

An own goal gave Ammies their start and after Tom ‘Fridge’ Frost hit a 40th minute equaliser, good set-ups by Connor Heaney resulted in goals by Carl Smith and Steve Isaac for the Ammies.

Equalizers were 5-3 winners away to Sporting Barum with goals by Ryan Watts, Matt Hawkins, Mathew Mitchell, Ben Taylor and an own goal.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus