Saunton squad in Bowl final victory
THE Sheelah Creasey Bowl Finals day was held at Thurlestone. Saunton, after overcoming Teignmouth 4 1 - 2 1 in the morning semi-final ,were pitted against Fingle Glen in the afternoon final. Chris Gummerson who was the lead player for Saunton made a su
THE Sheelah Creasey Bowl Finals day was held at Thurlestone. Saunton, after overcoming Teignmouth 4 1/2 - 2 1/2 in the morning semi-final ,were pitted against Fingle Glen in the afternoon final.
Chris Gummerson who was the lead player for Saunton made a superb comeback from 2 down after 12 holes to emerge victorious at the 17th.
With good victories for Brenda Ashford and Jan Reynolds it was left to Jenny Dowdeswell to seal victory on the 17th and run out winners by 4 games to 3,
The other members of the Finals Squad were Carol Venn, Sue Granville-Smith, Pat Ford, Fran Ford and Anthea Emmons.
You may also want to watch:
In the Devon Men's County Over 55s event held at Downes, Crediton, Chris Norman won the Individual Scratch Cup with 35 points. In the Team Competition Chris supported by Ray Brett and Tony Stevens won with a total of 104 Stableford points.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 4 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 7 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 8 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 9 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner