Barnstaple go to Old Elthamians this Saturday with their National Two survival hopes on the line.

Barum's relegation fears were stoked up by a 52-27 defeat at Henley that leaves them perilously close to the drop zone with a game to go.

Henley away was never going to be easy for Barum and losing there is no disgrace.

Barnstaple's problem is that fellow strugglers Barnes picked up a bonus point win over Clifton - and worse still, London Irish Wild Geese won against the form book at Redruth.

The bonus point Barum earned at Henley is now the only thing between them and a place in the bottom two.

Fates and fortunes are going to be decided on in the final round of fixtures, which are tough for all three would-be drop dodgers.

Barnes go to Bishop's Stortford, who clinched promotion by winning at Exmouth on Saturday.

The two sides contesting the play-off spot are Chinnor and Old Eltamians. The Irish are at home to Chinnor and Elthamians host Barnstaple. There won't be an easy point to be had anywhere.

Kevin Squire, Barum's outgoing chairman of rugby, said he remained confident the Reds will survive.

"I think we have shown over the season we are good enough to be in this division and deserve to stay up," said Squire, who is handing over to former Devon captain Jeremy Chugg at the end of the season.

"It may not seem much but the point we took from Henley may well be the one that keeps us up.

"Everyone at the bottom has a tough game on Saturday and points will be at a premium.

"Ours is a tough game, but Barnes and Wild Geese will be looking at their fixtures and saying the same thing.

"They will no doubt say they can't see us winning - we are saying the same about them. Any bonus points are going to be crucial and we already have one."

Barnstaple came back from 24-3 down after 20 minutes to trail 24-22 at the interval.

Toby Williamson and Will Topps (2) scored the tries, with Jordan Petherbridge kicking two conversions and a penalty.

The second half was a disaster for Barum as Henley scored four tries in a row before the visitors got a late one back through Kevin Angell.