Volleyball: Impressive outing for Petroc Academy of Beach Sports in South West league
- Credit: Contributed
Petroc Academy of Beach Sports (ABS) hosted Yeovil and Plymouth in the latest round of matches in the South West Men’s League on Sunday.
A thrilling day of competition started with ABS beating Yeovil 3-1.
After leading 2-0, the hosts let Yeovil back into the match before ABS's young players sealed the win by taking the fourth set.
Yeovil went on to beat Plymouth 3-2 before the latter's match against ABS.
Plymouth took a very quick 2-0 lead over the hosts and looked to be cruising to victory before a spirited comeback from ABS.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts got into their stride, with some big hitting from John Morgan and coach and captain Luis Stanbury helped them get back to 2-2.
The teams shared the early points in the deciding fifth set before ABS powered ahead for victory.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
It was a great result for Petroc ABS who play in the men's league but are predominantly under 16 years of age.