Volleyball: Impressive outing for Petroc Academy of Beach Sports in South West league
- Credit: Contributed
Petroc Academy of Beach Sports (ABS) hosted Yeovil and Plymouth in the latest round of matches in the South West Men’s League on Sunday.
A thrilling day of competition started with ABS beating Yeovil 3-1.
After leading 2-0, the hosts let Yeovil back into the match before ABS's young players sealed the win by taking the fourth set.
Yeovil went on to beat Plymouth 3-2 before the latter's match against ABS.
Plymouth took a very quick 2-0 lead over the hosts and looked to be cruising to victory before a spirited comeback from ABS.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts got into their stride, with some big hitting from John Morgan and coach and captain Luis Stanbury helped them get back to 2-2.
The teams shared the early points in the deciding fifth set before ABS powered ahead for victory.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
It was a great result for Petroc ABS who play in the men's league but are predominantly under 16 years of age.