On your marks for ‘Torrington Terror’
- Credit: Archant
Triathlon returns to North Devon town next week
TORRINGTON is getting set for the return of the ‘terror’ next week.
The town’s triathlon, dubbed the ‘terror’ by competitors because of its gruelling nature, is back for another year on Sunday, July 27, and is promising to not only offer a great challenge to people taking part but also to give a great day out for family, friends and residents.
While competitors take on the tough challenge of a 400 metre swim, 32km bike ride and 4.5 km run in the Triathlon event, spectators will be able to enjoy a range of activities, from a bouncy castle to the bungee run.
The fun day also includes football and family games as well as a fun run. Inside the pool the fun continues with mini polo, scuba diving taster classes and family fun swim sessions.
You may also want to watch:
The Manager of Torrington Pool, Richard Bean says that the triathlon is a real community event for competitors and supporters to enjoy.
“The event is always very well supported by the local community and It is such an inspiring sight to see some of the region’s most promising athletes taking on the Torrington Terror,” he said.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
The triathlon is part of the 1610 race series and takes in the beautiful villages of High Bickington and Beaford as well as the stunning local countryside.
It is suitable for both novices and experienced athletes to take part in, with the race starting at 8am and the fun day running until 1pm.
Entry starts from £33 for individuals and £45 for relay teams. For more information, contact Paul at 1610 on 01823 410215 or at email@example.com.