‘Oarsome’ display by home crews at Ilfracombe Regatta
Ilfracombe win seven out of eight races in Saturday’s event.
IT was a virtual clean sweep for Ilfracombe Pilot Gig Club at its annual regatta on Saturday.
Of eight races on the day, Ilfracombe won seven and came second in the other.
The weather was perfect for racing and teams from across the South West took part, with entries from Clevedon, Lyme Regis, Swanage, Bridport and Dartmouth, together with all the North Devon clubs including Appledore, Barnstaple, Bideford and Torridge.
The Ladies A race saw the hosts set a precedent for the day.
You may also want to watch:
The Ilfracombe Ladies B and Men’s B both had hard fought races but dug in to win, as did the ladies and men’s veteran crews.
The Men’s A race saw Swanage overturn the trend and take first, but Ilfracombe came second.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
The mixed race was the final race of the day – and with all the teams taking part, it proved to be the most competitive.
Ilfracombe entered two crews and it was the hosts who battled it out to take the first and second spots.