North Devon win their battle at the bottom
North Devon moved away from the wrong end of the Premier Division table courtesy of an eight-wicket win over fellow strugglers Paignton.
Callum Stanley top scored for Paignton with 58 not out in a total of 155 for eight – Billy Curtis taking 3-24.
Macauly Harrison-Hooton then blazed 82 not out and Kasey Elliot 51in a routine run chase.
Paignton drop into the bottom two, three points behind Plympton, while North Devon are five points clear.
* * *
You may also want to watch:
HATHERLEIGH lost by 11 runs in an A Division thriller at Chudleigh. Simon Husson (6) and Graeme Wilson (36) put on 70 in Chudleigh’s total of 204 for nine.
There where three wickets for Richard Tidball (3-22) and two each for Jack Ashmore and Charlie Neilson.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
It looked all over bar the shouting at 114 for eight in reply with Mark Heather (4-80) and Wilson (3-14) doing the damage. But Neilson (46) and Jack Hayman (19) had other ideas, pushing the score up to 154, then last pair Neilson and Mark Brock got down to the penultimate over needing 12 to win before Neilson was finally dismissed.
* * *
BRAUNTON lacked the killer instinct to finish Barton off and had to settle for a winning draw.
Mark Lathwell (26) had the only score of note for Braunton, who were held to 142 for nine by Mike Lievesley (3-22) and Pete Gartrell (3-50).
Richard Farkins made 23 for Barton, who found it heavy going against Lathwell (2-13) and Mark Johnson (3-14).
Barton called it a day at 95 for seven and took the safety first route to the draw at 123 for seven.
* * *
BIDEFORD had Ottery St Mary on the rack in the B Division, but were unable to finish them off and came home with a winning draw.
Alex Crisp (75) and Ian Hayter (38no) were bideford’s main run makers in a total of 199 all out.
Crisp then took four for 33 as Ottery held out at 122 for nine for the draw.
* * *
BARNSTAPLE’S C Division game against Yelverton fell foul of the weather, as did NORTH DEVON’S appointment with Exmouth at Newton Poppleford in the D Division East