Hockey: North Devon get first win of the season at East Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
North Devon registered their first win of the Verde Recreo Southern One season with a 4-3 victory over East Devon on Saturday.
North Devon created a number of early chances and eventually took the lead when Freddie Williams rounded off a team move that started in defence.
East Devon equalised with a penalty stroke before the visitors struck twice in quick succession.
New recruit Benjamin Andrews played in Ash Thorne to make it 2-1 before Guy Cockroft finished from a narrow angle to extend the lead.
East Devon fought their way back into the game in the second half. A strike from a penalty corner reduced the deficit to one before an effort at the far post levelled the scores.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon kept plugging away though, and there was still time for Thorne to hit the crossbar and deflect the ball into the goal to seal the win.
North Devon are at home to Plymouth Marjon's third team this Saturday, with a 2.30pm push back at Park School.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes